mike-p

GT86 Cosworth

Mike, I did my own custom setup with the Tein EDFC. I'll admit, after months of fiddling I've got a setup that works very well on the road and can easily be tweaked for the track.

My setup is a bit more aggressive than Keith and Dave's,  I spent quite a lot of time getting to grips with it, with a good amount of input from Yukiko. I do have a copy of my setup, which I think is on the forum somewhere. Will see if I can find it for you.

Mike, I did my own custom setup with the Tein EDFC. I'll admit, after months of fiddling I've got a setup that works very well on the road and can easily be tweaked for the track.

My setup is a bit more aggressive than Keith and Dave's,  I spent quite a lot of time getting to grips with it, with a good amount of input from Yukiko. I do have a copy of my setup, which I think is on the forum somewhere. Will see if I can find it for you.

Thanks Lauren, that would be really useful.

Might come and see you on the airfield!? Whats the deal with getting on it? Is it an organised thing? Or just a free for all?

Jay, it's a private road, which is used by locals, no-one seems to monitor its usage on the weekends.

This is a good fast road setup. What it does is go full soft at slow speed, then stiffens up as you increase your speed. The damping force on the lateral G is more than the stock settings, which means it firms up very quickly, which is great. I've settled on this setup for the last 8 months. 

When I go on track I just turn off the speed setting and start it off at 40-35 depending upon the track. 

This is a good fast road setup. What it does is go full soft at slow speed, then stiffens up as you increase your speed. The damping force on the lateral G is more than the stock settings, which means it firms up very quickly, which is great. I've settled on this setup for the last 8 months. 

When I go on track I just turn off the speed setting and start it off at 40-35 depending upon the track. 

I thought you left speed on and the G off on track? I also find that full soft, even at low speeds it too soft

I thought you left speed on and the G off on track? I also find that full soft, even at low speeds it too soft

No, no need to have the speed settings on. It's the lateral G you want to work on the track. As I have no need for it to be soft at low speeds I start it off at 40 or so. at full stiffness it will go up to around 10 and you need to leave a bit for braking settings

Well Direct Line decided they didn't want to cover the supercharger, but Adrian Flux came up with the goods covering all the mods. which was a relief as I collect the car tomorrow......

Direct line don't do any mods, despite their advert featuring a modified GT86 was it? lol

Well done Lauren, publishing your data.

Each to his own on suspension. Pitman's and mine were specifically developed for f/i cars and I use both G-force and speed settings on track as well as road. The adjustability will be more important this year as I hope to develop the aero forces a bit more.. (1)

... I'm still looking for a pre-owned Bugatti Veyron rear air dam if anyone's got one sitting about doing nothing..?

(1) ... if I ever get on track. Sob.

Spec K

Hi

Have just been reading this and would like to ask can you turn the active pro off to stop the suspension stiffening up at speed. Reason I ask is wife may not agree it's better.

Many thanks

Rod

Why don't your publish your's and Dave's data, Keith? 

I can sort of see why you could use speed settings on track, but you'd be using a small range of speed adjustment, because if you start off at 40 or so, it's already pretty stiff. There's no benefit to being softer than 40 at lower speeds that I can see, so trackwork seems to negate the speed settings to a large extent. 

On the road I use the speed settings as it makes sense there. 

Hi

Have just been reading this and would like to ask can you turn the active pro off to stop the suspension stiffening up at speed. Reason I ask is wife may not agree it's better.

Many thanks

Rod

yes simply just don't get the EDFC Active kit

yes simply just don't get the EDFC Active kit

Well that doesnt answer his question lol! Rod, you can turn the edfc off completely if you want or have it on with a static setting. Your wife can have a preset soft setting and you can have a stiffer setting for fast road.

Best of both worlds without having to manually adjust the damping :)

Well that doesnt answer his question lol! Rod, you can turn the edfc off completely if you want or have it on with a static setting. Your wife can have a preset soft setting and you can have a stiffer setting for fast road.

Best of both worlds without having to manually adjust the damping :)

it does it one way, if you don't have the kit then you don't get the option to adjust the stiffness as you go faster so its constant