Nicebiscuit

Hello. Not got one... Yet.

I could have taken you for a ride up the 'Lauren Triangle'. Maybe next time.  :P

Glad you enjoyed the test drive. If you're not so used to a front engined rear wheel drive setup, then it does take a bit of getting used to. It's the balance of the chassis that is so sweet and exploitable that for me is the selling point of this car. :)

I've driven my car extensively around Europe including the Alps twice and de-restricted autobahn in Germany. It will cruise at 100mph all day no problem. The Gendarmerie in France were less impressed though and relieved me of 90 Euros, but covering distance in Germany was a synch really. You can certainly do long distances no problem. I drove from Calais to Basel in Switzerland in a day, no problem. Including the Alps where I didn't hold back I still averaged 35mpg overall which is pretty good really when you consider I did the Stelvio twice! 

Ran a BMW 1 series coupe for 4 years, but if anything too competent to be fun - if it got unstuck on the road you were probably going too fast. It's less the RWD that was unfamiliar but more resisting the urge not to short shift at 5k rpm. I'll have to 'unlearn' that... That's 6 years of turbocharged cars for you... Also the very sharp throttle response was alien.

'Proper' car though - didn't think they made anything like this any more...

I'll take you up on that passenger ride sometime! Would be good to see how it's done properly :-)

I do the Alps every year - but usually in a Citroen van full of either skis or camping gear. Still fun mind...

You certainly need to learn the engine to wring all the power from it. But that said when you get busy and get down to work the reward of sharp throttle response as you work the chassis and move the weight around is intoxicating indeed. Sounds like you need to buy one then come on a trip to the EVO Triangle with us lot in North Wales. All good fun. :)

You certainly need to learn the engine to wring all the power from it. But that said when you get busy and get down to work the reward of sharp throttle response as you work the chassis and move the weight around is intoxicating indeed. Sounds like you need to buy one then come on a trip to the EVO Triangle with us lot in North Wales. All good fun. :)

Where is the EVO Triangle in Wales, need to get on those roads!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk