Sign in to follow this  
JamesP1991

Borla UEL Manifold

Hi guys,

So I've been looking at swapping over my exhaust manifold for when I get my 4.55 final drive, as I'll need to go EL to get the best top end combined with the shorter ratios.

So before I go and order a lovely Revolution EL manifold, I need to sell my current Borla manifold. Before I go to EBay, would anyone be interested in buying it for £550 with only 2500 miles on it? It hasn't missed a beat, sounds epic, great torque figures and only a change of direction leads me to sell.

If there is interest I will need payment first to order the new manifold, and then once it arrives you can either collect or I will send the Borla one out to you :)

I still have the original box complete with instructions sitting at home with a complimentary Borla cap too!

Just let me know!

Speak soon

I'd be looking at the Ace manifold personally, not seen/heard of Revolution.... actually I reckon you'll get barely noticable gains by changing to a different manifold, certainly without being dyno tuned.

Glwts though.

Cheers, it's just an idea I'm thinking about.. What one is the ace manifold? Not come across that before!

I'll obviously get the car mapped again after fitting as I have the UEL maps on the car now any way :)

Wow that is some serious numbers, even on a totally stock car! Do you know how much different the 4 into 1 manifold is in terms of dyno figures to it's 4-2-1 alternative from Ace?

The full system is tempting me on the website, but it uses the 4 into 1 instead of the 4-2-1 design. Because it is about $500 cheaper, I wondered if that is because it doesn't produce as stronger numbers as the other one? 

I'll be honest here. Before you go ditching your current manifold for a "better" one, how do you know if it's better or worse without any proof, notably knowing what the car is running at the moment. It's easy to get caught up in internet chatter over what's better/best, but you could be sacrificing a decent amount of money in new parts and re-tuning for very little gain. Going by feel is great if you just buy something and you're happy, but if you're going for best performance then you can't really quantify that without a dyno and proving/disproving a setup.

I don't know a lot about the Ace Stuff. They seem to have done decent R&D on their setup though, just keep an eye on their developments.

I'll be honest here. Before you go ditching your current manifold for a "better" one, how do you know if it's better or worse without any proof, notably knowing what the car is running at the moment. It's easy to get caught up in internet chatter over what's better/best, but you could be sacrificing a decent amount of money in new parts and re-tuning for very little gain. Going by feel is great if you just buy something and you're happy, but if you're going for best performance then you can't really quantify that without a dyno and proving/disproving a setup.

I don't know a lot about the Ace Stuff. They seem to have done decent R&D on their setup though, just keep an eye on their developments.

And to add onto that, the difference is often negligible. Not to mention the fact that each engine will run differently and respond differently to modifications

Ideally, you need to test them all out on your own car, but I know that's not practical

I'm hoping Mark @ Abbey will let me have a play with some of the bits he got in recently to see what's best for my car

I totally understand that. My train of thought was leading to me needing my car to have more top end, due to the shorter final drive and further N/A tuning I will be doing. A well built EL manifold will always outperform an UEL at the top end, which is what made me start looking at alternatives. Put it down to boredom on a week night :D 

But I can appreciate the point you are trying to make, after all I don't know what numbers the car is putting down in it's current guise right now, so looking for an alternative is perhaps not sensible until I have that picture.

Anyway I do love the UEL sound, and the torque that comes with them is delightful, that is not to say a well built EL can't make good torque too however.

I will keep my eye on any developments with them and see where it takes me :)  

I really need a dyno day at Abbey I guess ;) 

I got it for £620 new from Chris at Tarmac, and the price I was selling it for would include free shipping for you.... 

I have had a slight change of plans regarding manifolds though, if you PM me and I will explain if you want mate :)