Eddyf93

Eddy bagged D4S gt86

So I'm doing away with the rocket bunny lip, and decided to go for the vertex front lip as a replacement. 

It showed up today, so hopefully be painted up tomorrow and on the car this weekend 

20160303_192328.jpg

Second parcel off the week came today, and my favourite of all parts I've bought for the car. 

A massive thank you to James @ amber performance for hooking me up with this, and the little bit of discount he gave with it, not to mention the super fast delivery! 

So yeah, my seibon Ts style carbon bonnet 

20160304_124826.jpg
20160304_124836.jpg

Fits lovely! Even gap at either side, so I'm happy! The only problem I've found is that where the front edge meets the bumper, it's a bit short so sits behind the rubber seal instead of on it, although it does still seal. So the next step is just to extended the bolt holes and pull the bonnet forward. Luckily the back corners don't line up perfectly, so by bringing it forward it should solve all the problems. Probably about half hours work

2 minutes ago, daidaiiro said:

Nice one. Are you going to leave it as-is, or wrap or paint it?

I'm just going to leave it as is, I love the carbon look so don't want to cover it. The clear coat on it now is a little bit hazey, so I might even just give it a coat of lacquer and work and Polish it up 

1 hour ago, Lauren said:

Looks good, any fitment issues?

Just the one I mentioned a few posts back, but it's barely noticeable really. Slight problem with getting the bonnet to push down on the sensor when closed though, so the car was thinking a door was open and not allowing me to lock it. Have done a temporary fix for now, but even that won't take long to sort the issue, it's just finding the time to do it

1 hour ago, Nicebiscuit said:

Oh good idea - works really well on that bonnet crease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's quite easy to lose sight of the lines on black and carbon, and I feel the stickers kind of make them lines stand out a lot more and makes it look a lot better :)

1 hour ago, Nicebiscuit said: Oh good idea - works really well on that bonnet crease.

It's quite easy to lose sight of the lines on black and carbon, and I feel the stickers kind of make them lines stand out a lot more and makes it look a lot better 

Agree. The front in general can in general look wide and flat rather than as 'sharky' as it should. Anything that accentuates the bonnet length works well - the vents in yours do that, but I've also seen good results with stripes as well.

1 hour ago, rob275 said:

it does look to be a better fit than some.  @Keethos had a right mare with his seibon parts.

Maybe they've remade it for a better fit, because this has very little to complain about. I'd love to hear about and see pictures of keethos' though 

Don't know if I've got any decent pics of it but essentially the bonnet arches too much so if the front of the bonnet is flush with the front bumper, the edges by the fenders over the wheel arches arc up further leaving a bigger noticable gap. But to be fair, I think mine are even worse because of the Seibon Fenders, they were by far the biggest issue as they required a lot of fettling and their instructions even tells you to.

I think all you can Eddy is look at other cars with a Seibon boot fitted. I'm not sure if expecting OEM shut lines for such an expensive part is realistic, but IMO they don't fit like OEM panels do.