Guest 86guns

What do you think of this service plan offer?

Guest 86guns

I've been offered a 3 year service plan from my local Toyota dealer at just over £700. This is for years 3, 4 and 5.

What do you think of this? 

The breakdown of work is as follows:

GT.jpg

I'd say it isn't bad value, but the year 5 service usually has 1/3 off anyway as it qualifies for Silver/Gold rather than Int/Full, but they keep moving the goalposts on what qualifies and what doesn't. The others do offer better value than if you were doing them individually.

Don't bother with the fuel treatment and engine flush, run the car on v-power and it does it for you. MOT has a £2 discount, can get it cheaper at kwikfit by a tenner but it's the convenience of it. AC service, if you have 1234yf gas (check sticker under bonnet) there is no chance they will agree to do the work for that price.

Make sure year 4 includes brake fluid and rear diff oil changes, it should do for that cost but some have a habit of excluding "extras" like that.

Guest 86guns
On 28/06/2017 at 10:37 AM, Steeps said:

AC service, if you have 1234yf gas (check sticker under bonnet) there is no chance they will agree to do the work for that price.

IMG_1269.JPG

Then you are out of luck. It's uber-expensive eco-something type of gas by some EU regulations our cars had till late 2014 IIRC (my was early 2014 :( ). Then regulation got laxed / AC & gas type for it were switched to common ones, but this sticker under bonnet means we got in very expensive refills camp, doubtfully at prices cited @OPP.

I had minor accident to front, which also involved AC condenser leak .. and number on bill of fixing was not enjoyable. :(