Sign in to follow this  
SiCaln

My Toyota 86 TRD 14R - JDM Import 1/1 in the UK?

Here is my imported Japan-only TRD 14R, a road going version of the TRD 14R60 track car, modelled on the TRD Griffon that lapped Tsukuba in 0:58:407 with only aero and non-engine related mods. It has come with a few mods on it, the dealer-added TRD wing, LED light upgrades in the interior, feels like a TRD short shifter and i'll add anything else I come across.

IMG_4192.JPG?rlkey=y5e9u99jnpzbekxglaj3i

After over a year of ownership, I have finally got the first few mods on the car, and also uploaded a youtube video with some how to's on there - please take a look if interested.

In the first video I have done a walkround of the car and installed the following, (TRD oil cap, rad cap, fuel cap, gear knob, document holder and Perrin boot closer), which I feel like the car should have had anyway!

TRD_RadCap.jpg?rlkey=kksybe4pj0qlgcpxb8o

TRD_OilCap.JPG?rlkey=v77i08idob8hbiqkn49

TRD_FuelCap.JPG?rlkey=y73ru6ca9nqyimxh4d

TRD_GearKnob.JPG?rlkey=b8vf38eaj67758cvm

Perrin_Handle.JPG?rlkey=sro6gehvptitctsd

and if anyone can help me find one of these, please let me know

Help1.JPG?rlkey=gpczguppjxyb28os5dokd5iy

Here is the youtube video

Continuing on with some of the smaller jobs, I have installed a TRD strut brace, TRD battery clamp and USDM rubberised boot floor mat, this covers all the way up the back of the seats too and has a stupidly large 86 logo on it!

Strut2.JPG?rlkey=wxw5f5qungizsjkz1d1n3oegj&st=zarrf546&raw=1

Strut3.JPG?rlkey=03aei8g8rphcvtbreyvjmbf8z&st=9pmmrjhd&raw=1

Batt1.JPG?rlkey=hpe1h42d4etj74xd7nyp6tnk2&st=h53voh5d&raw=1

Boot1.JPG?rlkey=zqtoy2i1753lwi2s5mtwk66bo&st=wp6xcmyk&raw=1

Boot2.JPG?rlkey=byie5xi1fuhzfka5eaj9h5y3w&st=nijn2vw6&raw=1

and the new video is here

This week I have been starting to update the interior of the 14R. I have removed the stereo and ETC system, about 4kg of weight in total, they aren't needed whilst it is sat in the garage.

I have also installed a Grazio & CO 4.2 TT USB ports, as the JDM models didn't have a charging port. 2017+ and TRD interior trim parts from USDM model, BRZ auto folding mirrors and TRD kneepad.

Here is the wiring for the GPS for the ETC system, the stereo and the reversing camera removed

ETCWiring.png?rlkey=l73sau3zdug45i9fy76jj872o&st=y3mu4t6e&dl=1

The Grazio & Co USB chargers installed

GrazioFlat.JPG?rlkey=zioqi3huqw1e62g5xicfgmxbm&st=5106jqfz&dl=1

GrazioUSBs.png?rlkey=1qkhq6wfy9x6q9buf64btyil1&st=95qqk2nj&dl=1

Interior-Install.png?rlkey=mnqv14klvqg8brl1p0t0iyxbi&st=at750ysm&dl=1

and the driver's and passenger interior trim update from the 2019 USDM TRD model

DriversDoor.png?rlkey=01vost4bif8q5oep49uzqxhip&st=ubn8beqq&dl=1

PassDoor.png?rlkey=18pgw39cjzmucq2ekkdp8f539&st=cp8qwh89&dl=1

Added a console side TRD kneepad

TRDKneepad.png?rlkey=u7k38hyiv5uq68iknma1wv21h&st=3xqwvwos&dl=1

Oh and I also found my Drivejoy, well an air freshener that was shoved in amongst all the wiring!

DriveJoy.JPG?rlkey=2owczupezpe89g1nzf0rl8hjt&st=al52bvqj&dl=1

And here is my third video showing my progress

Thanks yeah, wasn't cheap, worth saving for though. Unfortunately until 2026 it won't be out! Not allowed to drive it on the road until it is ten years old as does not have a model report for IVA registration.

I have started on getting this road legal, first things first I changed the clear lights in the bottom of the door and replaced them with red from the UK model. The bigger issues also was the existing kmh only gauge cluster. I replaced this with a later UK 2017+ model with the little screen and had it adjusted to show the correct mileage and removed the bulb for the TPMS system that is not available on the earlier cars.

OrigMileage.JPG?rlkey=wdsfco078rewou1an5

ClusterComp.JPG?rlkey=8mybtft0tsocge639n

NewCluster.JPG?rlkey=ik4zz8haajy9wwlo3s7

NewClusterOn.JPG?rlkey=1odo3zvr8z8nhrlvd

In addition to the cluster I installed the later model 2017 buttons and a GJP (Gerald Just Products) joystick to control the screen.

I also added a selection of new TRD boots to the interior, all of this can be seen in the below video

Tried to stay out of the interior for this update, done a lot in there!

So started with updating the VSC module to the 2017+ version, this is to ensure the buttons correlate with the gauge custer, but also I have slightly less obtrusive drive settings. When ordering from a breaker check here for the correct age, this is a simple retrofit for the the 2015 and 2016 models, needs re-pinning for earlier models.

ABSnumber.JPG?rlkey=31ed2gvyv9ezbjlau8gq

VSCnumber.jpg?rlkey=e1oap0lo7e3f2jlz588m

VSCChange.JPG?rlkey=6k3ky010g2cmiaxxhm3a

I also added a LAILE Beatrush brake master cylinder stopper, have always had these on every car I have owned, they do make a good difference...but not in gold, got it re-powder coated black

Beatrush_Gold.jpg?rlkey=4sh8ofnk0xaki4qi

Beatrush_Black.jpg?rlkey=7dvuhvf0pn0nu5m

BeatrushBMCSFit.JPG?rlkey=cliz0j3iha1euc

and it wouldn't be me without another TRD part, so here you go, door handle protectors

HandleProtector.JPG?rlkey=z576yxbfwdkv0a

Here is the latest video

Not much to report on this one, just gave the car a wash and installed some TOM's red v1 tail lights (after a bit of a re-pin)

Another quick video this week, had intended on fitting the auto-dimming rear view mirror but some wiring diffences stopped play on that one. Instead I opted to make the interior a bit more comfortable with the OEM armrest

IMG_6385.JPG?rlkey=ikmiofet4rz7vojrk9eyn